Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday [5]

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.


 Top Ten Books I Thought I'd Like MORE Than I Did


1. One Night That Changes Everything by Lauren Barnholdt. This one was such a dissapointment, I swear! I even picked it up when I was in a good mood. But its characters were so shallow and annoying that I couldn't enjoy it.

2. The Society of S by Susan Hubbard. This book has such a simple but beautiful cover! It was such a shame that it was so freaking slow... I got bored with all the description and details that didn't even make sense. 

3. I Now Pronounce You Someone Else by Erin McCahan. This book had an interesting premise but it was completely misleading. I was really dissapointed by how everything turned out to be so silly in the end and how the characters were so moody and made the worst decisions ever.

4. Fallen by Kate Lauren. This one was actually a surprise. Everyone was making so much fuss about it and I though, well I have to give it a try. But it was painfully slow and confusing and I don't even know how I managed to finish it.

5. Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. This book is another of the popular ones. I picked it up with high expectations but it was just average. While I was reading it, I though "Well, nothing new over here", and that was it, because I felt like I'd already read that story before.

6. Mercy by Rebecca Lim. The premise of this one was really good and the cover is just gorgeous, so I went for it when I saw it on my local bookstore. I don't really know what was it with this one, I just felt really confused the whole time I was reading it and well, I though I would like it more than I actually did.
 
7. My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking. This one was painful. I had read the Trylle series by the same author before and I was completely in love with her writting. But this book -which is the first in another series- was so much like Twilight and the protagonist was so dumb and annoying that I was shocked knowing that both series were from the same author.

8. Drowning Instinct by Ilsa J. Bick. This book was actually good. It has a lot of mystery and twists and it sure can keep you hooked. But it was really depresing... I felt hopeless the whole time and I know bad things happens but come on! You gotta let a girl hope!

9. Limitless by Alan Glynn. This one is actually an Adul Sci-Fi book, but it had clear content and the premise was really captivating so I picked it up. The story per se was okay, but I grew bored soon, because it was a little repetitive and the main character wasn't that interesting.

10. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. Okay. Don't kill me. I know many of you loved this book so much and to be fair I haven't finished it yet, but it definitely wasn't what I was expecting... I think it is too weird to me, lol. Too much fantasy, I think I'm starting to grow up -finally!- and my imagination is getting smaller. 



What do you think of those books?

What about yours? I'd love to know!

Leave a comment below. 
If follow me, tell me on your comment so I can follow you back :)



 Love,

9 comments:

  1. Have not read any of the books on your list. I guess the most recent book I felt rather "meh" about would be Mrs. Dalloway. Wanted to read it. Really wanted to like it. It was okay, but definitely not as great as I had been led to expect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of Mrs. Dalloway, but I really hate when that happens. That's the problem with high expectations...
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone was almost on my list too. I liked to book and enjoyed it for the most part.. I just thought that I was going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I'm glad I'm not the only one who wasn't that impressed about Daughter of Smoke and Bone!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Hush, Hush - ugh don't get me started. Em LOVES that series. I do not. lol - S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I know right? So many people love that series, I just find it "meh..."
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read Daughter of Smoke and Bone yet, but I've heard good things. I've been hesitant, though, because, like you said, it might be a little too weird for me :)

    I will probably give it a try at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if I'll finish it. I was all about don't leave a book unfinished like EVER. But now, I think there are too many good book out there to waste time on books that I don't find that good. So we'll see!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, I cannot agree more about Fallen! It was just excruciating to read it!
    Top Ten Tuesday
    Hey, check this out! :D

    ReplyDelete